sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Sweetgreen’s People team is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition.
The Director of Talent Acquisition is a dynamic leadership role that requires expertise and experience in all areas of talent acquisition. In this role, you will develop and execute a long-range plan and short-term strategies to recruit and hire top talent for sweetgreen in a high growth environment. The Director, Talent Acquisition must demonstrate a global mindset in developing strategy, initiatives & people. As a leader of the TA organization you will partner with peers across the company to develop strategy and brainstorm ideas for resource development, relentlessly network to develop aggressive sourcing strategies to build and leverage a pool of qualified, diverse talent for open and anticipated positions. You’ll develop, build and maintain in depth knowledge and expertise of the competitive marketplace/ industry and educate business partners and stakeholders.
The right person for this role is a proven leader with experience influencing across an organization, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and cross collaborating, then this is a great role for you.
What you’ll do
- Develop, direct and oversee the field hourly and leadership talent acquisition program.
- Develop, direct and oversee the corporate talent acquisition program.
- Develop and execute effective recruiting strategies for delivering top-quality talent and meeting hiring plans in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a passionate recruiting team.
- Establish innovative candidate sourcing strategies to improve upon the diversity and strength of the talent pipeline.
- Define, track and analyze talent acquisition metrics and develop practical tracking and reporting methods to monitor and improve performance, establish goals/ KPIs to drive success.
- Manage, mentor, coach, and grow recruiting team members to align with business delivery needs.
- Engage and partner with the hiring managers/department leaders to understand hiring requirements, set realistic expectations and educate on the recruiting process.
- Seek out and leverage industry, competitor and other business trends to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage.
- Create an environment where there is shared ownership with our leadership around talent outcomes.
- Drive and participate in internal and external employment events, and other initiatives that build robust passive and active candidate pipelines.
- Evaluate vendor tools for desired outcomes and guide vendors to adjustments using data gleaned from their platforms.
- Create and execute on sweetgreen’s Employer Brand strategy, including innovative ways of utilizing social media. • Stay abreast of best in class recruiting practices to foster an environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding our recruiting process and use that feedback to continually evolve and improve our recruiting practice.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development or related field.
- 10+ years human resources experience with at least 5+ years in managing or leading a talent acquisition function.
- Extensive experience in staffing function creation and strong process excellence.
- Ability to develop creative solutions and drive effective organizational change.
- Experience with large, company-wide program implementation.
- Experience developing and managing employer branding programs.
- Proven track record in sourcing passive talent and executive recruiting.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems (ATS), social media and recruiting process workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to travel
What you'll get
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.