sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
About the role:
sweetgreen is looking for a Procurement Specialist to manage the purchasing and logistics of all owner supplied items we use to build and operate our stores.
The Procurement Specialist will work directly with the Store Design team to identify and evaluate current and potential vendors and suppliers. He/she will procure samples and specs of all materials and equipment that is being used to build the stores. He/she will also work very closely with our construction team throughout the project to cut POs, track progress with vendors and suppliers, and provide logistical support during the construction period of projects. This position will report directly to the Director of Store Design and Construction and will have high impact on the entire store development life cycle and budgets.
- Evaluate current vendors/supplier as well as vetting new vendors/suppliers for future needs.
- Keeping track of all owner supplied materials (OSM) from drawings release, to site delivery.
- Issuing bid documents for relevant vendors for each material packages, qualify bids, and awarding all bids after obtaining the appropriate approvals.
- Checking materials and equipment takeoffs done by vendors for accuracy.
- Assisting in special projects of operating store requests for additional equipments or renovation requests.
- Identifying cost saving practices for bulk material orders, or competitive bids to ensure gaining the highest value per budget spent.
- Work with the design team to find new and innovative materials that can be used for high profile projects.
- Organize all shop drawings submitted for OSM.
- Work directly with accounts team to cut POs and track budget spent per project.
- Coordinate delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites.
- 3-5 years of experience in construction purchasing, preferably for a retailer or a general contractor.
- Experience with issuing purchase orders and vendor management.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service aptitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to multi-task, to meet various deadlines and handle shifting project priorities.
- Should be familiar with technical business applications i.e. MS Office program
- Avid negotiator with high sense of budget ownership.
- A self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Keen eye for details and finding errors.
- Bachelor degree in construction management, interior design, architecture or business.
- In depth understanding of construction practices and detailing.
- Experience in the hospitality sector, preferably fast casual restaurant with kitchen equipment purchasing.
- Experience dealing with vendor legal agreements.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.