sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We are looking for a Payroll Supervisor to join our Accounting team!
- Supervise the multi-state payroll process for over 3,000 employees to ensure timely and proper payment, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes
- Utilize the biweekly payroll processing calendar to manage staff’s payroll processing functions during payroll
- Work with the payroll manager to implement changes leading to best-practice operations, including a payroll approval process
- Ensure timely updates of payroll records including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and wage rate changes and ensure proper source documentation and approval is provided every time
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations and ensure that all state provided tax documentation is properly handled and processed in collaboration with our payroll provider
- Partner with the accounting team to resolve discrepancies in payroll reconciliations
- Research and monitor outstanding payroll and reconciliation issues and provide log to payroll manager
- Provide detailed metrics per payroll, accounting for errors such as missed pays, incorrect calculations, manual checks, late submissions and label as internal/external in order to identify areas of improvement
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Ability to execute as directed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, changing work environment and work under strict deadlines
- Strategic problem solving skills and decision making ability
- Excellent with Excel skills, including intermediate formula building
- 3-5 years of experience managing a multi-state payroll department with a high volume of hourly employees
- Experience with auditors highly desired
- Knowledge of payroll operations best practices for world class employee experience
- Restaurant or retail experience a plus, but not required
- Must be process oriented and able to execute measurable, repeatable, compliant payroll processes
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.