sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen is seeking a seasoned and motivating director of restaurant technology to help drive
operational efficiencies that help our team members elevate the customer experience while
improving the company’s ability to deliver simple, seasonal, and healthy food. We are looking
for a leader who thrives in an ever-changing environment supporting our strategic vision through
technology. We need a leader who has a deep knowledge in: IT Management, Support and
Help Desk, Infrastructural/System designs, Point-of-sale, HRIS, Online Ordering, business
development, IT Business alignment, cost optimization, vendor management, and
The following functions will report into the role:
● Store Technology and Network Support
Primary areas of responsibilities
Restaurant Network Strategy and Support
- Support and Implement strategy for change through technology and
- systems by analyzing complex business needs
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution
- Support restaurant technology selection by partnering with the product
- Develop reliable metrics for hardware, software, and storage while
ensuring strategic capacity planning
Restaurant Technology Installation and Management
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existing applications by
creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for
implementing technical solutions
- Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Produces detailed timelines for each application release and implements
effective project control by monitoring the progress of software release
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to
documentation that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- PCI compliance/SOX
- Support field technology training as needed
- Be the Expert. Lead the conversation and team to push the limits of
technology in pursuit of the advancement of where technology and food
- Build the Team. Recruit, hire, develop, and grow a world class technology
and support team committed to developing innovative solutions aligned
with the company’s business model, values, and vision
- Set the culture and mission to attract the best team possible: Implement
an effective organizational structure that balances process, accountability
and scalability with product velocity and innovation as sweetgreen
continues to grow
- Monitor the industry for IT developments, evaluate and recommend new
- Candidate must be based in the Los Angeles office.
- 7-10 years of managing and mentoring high performing technology teams
- Experience working with retail or restaurant environments.
- Demonstrated experience driving results by anticipating and projecting outcomes,
expediting decisions that consider alternative solutions, and optimizing results.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires
teamwork and significant interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for technology and the fast-paced environment of startups.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.