Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by trained architects in 2011. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for transformative renovations.
Sweeten’s mission is to build a better balanced future by:
- Bringing all homeowners' visions of home and family to life through quality renovations.
- Giving equitable access to job opportunities for women and minority general contractors.
- Hiring and growing the best, most diverse team.
The Senior Manager of Social Media will be responsible for driving audience engagement across new and emerging platforms. This position will build an integrated strategy around fan engagement, community management, sponsored and branded social integrations, brand voice, and influencer engagement. The right person will have a strong vision for compelling content and will work closely with the creative team to identify new and innovative ways to grow audience and engagement through breakthrough content across all social platforms. They will approach every project and campaign through the lens of the company’s mission and creative vision. You will also collaborate closely with the performance marketing to create synergies between paid and organic social.
Sweeten was named the #1 Design Account You Should Be Following on Instagram Right Now by House Beautiful Magazine.
- You will report to the Creative Director and feel comfortable communicating with and managing up to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- You know how to drive engagement and productivity from the communities you manage. You know that social media can be a huge driver of not only awareness but revenue and customer retention!
- You are comfortable defining a strategy and translating our brand voice on social media and are a master at managing multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- You have an editorial sensibility and a business brain, adept at writing and packaging content—whether it's static posts, prepping our CEO for IG Lives or creating engaging Instagram Stories—and using analytics to unlock insights to reach more potential homeowners, general contractors and other related audiences.
- You have a passion for a great story, zeroing in on the details that will capture our audiences’ attention and elevate engagement.
- You are an AVID learner! You love reading about the newest trends across various platforms and staying ahead of the curve.
- You are a calculated risk taker - you aren’t afraid to test, learn, and analyze the results. You are excited to put that knowledge back into the platform and share insights with your teammates.
- You are positive, agile, and willing to take on new challenges! You would never say “that’s not my job!”
- You are adaptable and welcome feedback.
- You have a very strong grasp of the English language and can effectively communicate to a native-speaking audience.
- Grow our following! Keep our audience of ~500K followers engaged and active.
- Develop, implement, and report on an integrated strategy between earned, owned and partnership-based campaigns to engage our community, drive brand awareness and revenue from social referral sources.
- Partner with our Copywriter and Creative Director to establish a special brand voice that differentiates Sweeten as a design and construction expert personality in a crowded landscape
- Nurture relationships with our community of Sweeten homeowners and general contractors through existing and emerging platforms.
- Cultivate partnerships with key bloggers, brands, editors, press outlets and social influencers to increase Sweeten's reach and content syndication.
- Work closely with Sweeten’s blog editor and SEO manager to enhance and amplify the onsite content strategy. Support new-market research, launch events, and collaboration with our Growth team.
- A/B testing and optimization of all social platforms.
- Set and implement a social media communication strategy to engage with followers and build a positive brand image on all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, Yelp, and more.
- Curate content calendars and schedule posts for all of Sweeten’s social platforms, including our CEO’s personal page.
- Ideate creative concepts with our Creative Director to share educational content and build engagement with our followers.
- Collaborate with Performance Marketing to share insights, amplify social posts and develop creative ads to drive conversions.
- 3-5+ years experience managing organic social media; bonus points for an understanding of paid social.
- A proven track record creating and implementing a successful social media strategy and growing engagement.
- Creative copywriting and editing skills with impeccable grammar, timeliness and accuracy.
- Strong proven visual aesthetic and a keen eye for uniformity across our social channels.
- Experience with scheduling tools (i.e., Hubspot, Sprout Social, Later).
- Professional experience analyzing performance (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Instagram Insights, etc.) and developing insights/ongoing actions based on that data.
- Supremely organized and skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently with an openness to test new ideas.
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit.
- Experience in a marketplace and/or tech startup is a plus.
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or home improvement preferred.