Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by trained architects. We're a team of ambitious, driven, and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech, and we're building the go-to marketplace for renovations.
We welcome applications from self-starters who are comfortable taking the initiative and keen problem solvers with the ability to think on their feet. This job blends customer service with a touch of sales and it isn’t for the faint of heart. If you excel at figuring out logic puzzles and logistics challenges like organizing sports tournaments or planning long road trips, then we bet you have the right stuff. Sometimes you won’t know the right answer, but you’re the kind of person who isn’t satisfied until your customer is. This isn’t a support role delivering canned answers, you’ll occasionally need to rely on your good instincts and compassionate communication while you quickly research a response. Comfort with providing phone support is critical.
You will play a crucial role supporting the renovation process; you’ll put yourself in our customer’s shoes and understand their objectives. You'll field incoming inquiries from our users with professionalism and empathy and ensure they have an excellent experience using Sweeten. You'll provide resources and trusted counsel at various stages in the renovation cycle, evaluate issues identified by our renovators, thoughtfully and concisely address their questions, feedback, and concerns, and guide them on a path to a successful renovation. You will work across a wide-ranging portfolio of projects, shifting gears throughout the day between phone calls, detailed email communications, and team meetings. You’ll also help build our systems so that we can deliver best-in-industry service to an increasing community of renovators -- scaling telephone, email and help desk processes.
We’ll count on you to approach your work in service of your customers and teammates, understanding the intrinsic values of building trust and upholding a high level of responsiveness. We’re looking for someone who takes deep pride in delivering superior, personalized customer service while also excelling at time management, prioritization, and organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, extreme attention to detail, persistence and patience in problem-solving, and an ability to find the high road in challenging situations are all key qualities for this member of our team.
As our Client Services Representative, you will:
- Spend most of your time calling customers to make sure they are getting just what they need from Sweeten.
- Own customer issues, from start to finish, serving as the customer’s primary point of contact.
- Manage an evolving roster of renovation projects, providing consultative support, personalized outreach and follow-up where needed.
- Proactively determine customer needs and provide support to them at every stage of the renovation process.
- Handle incoming inquiries from customers, resolving or re-directing issues as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Sweeten teammates and general contractors to ensure that customers get what they need from Sweeten in order to complete successful renovations.
- Serve as a front line evangelist for Sweeten and its mission to raise the standard for trust, transparency, and performance in the construction industry.
- Actively engage and collaborate across departments at Sweeten in service of improving our powerful technology platform, our brand, and our services.
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, especially over the phone
- Efficient and effective follow-up skills via phone and email
- Superior organizational skills, work ethic, and time management
- Passion for problem solving and ability to think on your feet
- Excellence in teamwork and a service mindset
- Composure under pressure within an energetic, fast paced environment
- Flexible schedule that allows for morning, evening, and weekend work when necessary
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, sales, or account management a plus
- Outbound cold calling experience or other examples of extensive phone work a plus
- Familiarity with residential renovations a plus
This position is remote; candidates from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply. However, Sweeten works in two time zones: Eastern Time and Indian Standard Time and this position will need to work fully during Eastern Time Zone hours.
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, and fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house). Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.