Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by trained architects in 2011. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for transformative renovations.
Sweeten’s mission is to build a better balanced future by:
- Bringing all homeowners visions’ of home and family to life through quality renovations.
- Giving equitable access to job opportunities for women and minority general contractors.
- Hiring and growing the best, most diverse team.
We are hiring a VP of Product to lead our product organization and the development of our renovation marketplace. This person will be a critical member of our leadership team responsible for product vision, planning, and execution. We are looking for a leader with deep product management and design expertise, as well as strong people management experience. The ideal candidate is outcome-driven, always focused on delivering meaningful results to our customers and to our business and they are data driven but not to the detriment of their instincts and intuition.
This position is remote; candidates from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply. However, Sweeten works in two time zones: Eastern Time and Indian Standard Time and this position will need to follow Eastern Time Zone hours.
As our VP of Product you will:
- Build and evangelize a shared vision across the company to deliver a best-in-class renovation experience to both homeowners and general contractors in conjunction with leadership team
- Establish, track, and interpret KPIs to diagnose current business trends and forecast future performance
- Own the end-to-end product processes including, but not limited to:
- Identifying user needs and opportunities, through data analysis and conducting 1st hand user research
- Rapidly validating assumptions
- Defining win-win solutions (good for the user - good for Sweeten)
- Gathering feedback, analyzing outcomes, and rapidly iterating
- Work closely with our VP of Engineering to ensure efficient implementation of product improvements and facilitate engineering involvement in product discovery.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with growth, account management, and customer success teams to address stakeholder concerns.
- Lead, mentor, and grow the product management team.
- 10+ years experience in product management, preferably in consumer software, with 3+ years experience in productizing two sided marketplaces.
- 3+ years of experience managing Product teams.
- Keen eye for simple, yet elegant designs that beget production adoption.
- Deep user empathy and a drive to understand the root of problems
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business/funnel analytics and the ability to turn analysis into actionable recommendations that increase conversion and result in a measurable business impact.
- Crisp communicator, both written and verbal.
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit.
- A passion for design, real estate, and/or renovations is a plus.
We are a remote-first company. We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and a close knit company culture.
Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply! Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.