Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company founded by trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our finance manager will manage our day to day finances from Accounts Payable to the monthly close, to Board-level reporting and will guide the team on protocols to keep Sweeten’s finances in top shape. This individual will build and own the financial planning structure to support business leaders in executing strategic initiatives. This position will provide the full spectrum of financial management, planning, analytics, and collaborative support to include day to day financial operations, model development, analysis trending, and budgetary guidance. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, a quick worker, thrives in a collaborative environment, is independent and confident, and is equally comfortable working in highly technical detail and conversing at the executive summary level.
This position is remote, candidates from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply. Sweeten works in two timezones: Eastern Time and Indian Standard Time.
As our Finance Manager, you will:
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Ensure a timely monthly financial close, seeing that all costs incurred and journal entries are properly recorded and account balance reconciliations are complete.
- Prepare and process bi-monthly payroll.
- Generate accounts payable checks and wires as needed.
- Ensure that expenses, including employee reimbursements, are processed accurately and timely, including verifying the correct general ledger codes and required approvals.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reporting to company management, board, and investors.
- Support compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Provide reporting on monthly budget and plan-to-actual variance analysis/commentary
- Own Sweeten’s financial models, including data integrations and data visualizations to be used for workforce planning, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and month-end close analysis.
- Provide business intelligence analysis to identify results, trends, and forecasts in the business.
- Collaborate with team members to prepare our departmental budget and report monthly on performance vs plan.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or 4+ years finance and accounting experience
- BS in accounting or business administration, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and Looker
- Strong, independent, and motivated team member who wants to set the standard for business acumen with strong attention to detail and self-direction, and ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or and renovation a plus
We are a remote-first company. We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and a close knit company culture. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply! Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.