Thanks for your interest in Sweeten! We’ve decided to pause hiring due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are still accepting applications, but won’t be looking at them until April at the earliest.
Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious, driven, and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech. We're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations by changing the way renovators, general contractors, and architects find and work with one another.
The Product team at Sweeten designs and develops our platform, making it as useful and efficient as possible to renovators, general contractors (GCs), and employees alike. We’re looking for someone to design features that empower our users to create spaces they love. If you're a fit for this position, you bring a passion for beautiful products, experience making people-centered design decisions informed by data and user research, and the skillset to build applications at scale.
As Sweeten's Product Designer, you will bring the Sweeten vision to life by:
- Designing innovative product solutions to meet customer goals, with a focus on ease-of-use, simplicity, and capability
- Collaborating with product managers to bring product vision to life
- Creating specifications, wireframes, visual mockups, and/or prototypes
- Defining and maintaining the design language and style guide for Sweeten’s web and mobile products
- Leading usability testing efforts
- Collaborating with team members, providing and receiving design feedback and guidance to enhance Sweeten’s product
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ years of product design experience building consumer web and mobile products
- Expertise in creating wireframes, user-flows and design specifications
- Critical thinking with an ability to utilize data to make sound design decisions
- Eagerness to iterate on new products
- A user-centric design mindset combined with strong product instincts
- Quick learning -- you have the ability to operate strategically and analytically by understanding Sweeten's objectives and our users
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, and construction a plus
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.