Thanks for your interest in Sweeten! We’ve decided to pause hiring due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are still accepting applications, but won’t be looking at them until April at the earliest.
Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and Bangalore, and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our engineering team develops the platform that helps renovators meet construction professionals who are the best fit for the work. We’re hiring a developer to join the crew. Our ideal developer has a passion for beautiful products and has built applications at scale. We’re looking for someone who loves their craft, wants to apply their talents at a company that values creativity and problem-solving, and brings an innate sense of curiosity to solve long-standing industry challenges and build a system that has never existed before.
Renovating is a big and complex undertaking, and many of our customers are first-time renovators. Our new developer will support our team in launching products that make the process easier, more accessible, and more exciting for people who are thinking about doing a major renovation. We believe in our general contractors, investing in their potential with world-class business development and marketing tools that get more renovations completed successfully. In addition, our tech team serves our own employees with responsive product designs and tools that help us all get great work done at increasing scale. Sweeten’s tech is ultimately people-focused, and we’re looking for a new team member who wants to be a part of this big picture.
As Sweeten's Senior Backend Engineer (node.js) you will:
- Build, test and deliver reliable and scalable code using node.js.
- Brainstorm and execute the development of new features and components with our onsite team.
- Communicate timelines, scopes and technical concerns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, product & QA.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years experience working with node.js.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Proficiency in test-driven development with Jasmine.
- Proficiency using Git, Continuous Integration, Heroku, AWS, etc.
- Leader skills within engineering teams.
- Experience mentoring mid-level and junior developers.
- Ability to independently manage time and many moving pieces in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience tackling tough problems with creative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, especially when articulating timelines, scope, and technical concerns.
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit.
- An independent self-learner and a great team player.
- Ambition to grow into a leadership role as our team expands.
- Seeker of self-improvement while learning alongside top-performing engineers.
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, and renovation a plus.
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment a plus.