Join Sweeten, a fast-growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super-ambitious, fun-loving people who are working to bring together the worlds of construction, design, and tech—we're creating trust and transparency in our industry by building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
We’re looking for a creative Copywriter to transform our product and marketing content into engaging and polished copy that imbues our brand with our experience and passion for helping renovators transform their visions into reality. You make the overwhelming orderly and the mundane feel magical.
- Craft compelling copy for Sweeten’s various marketing channels, from digital to print.
- Work collaboratively with team members and partners to ensure that our voice is elevated and aligned across all our marketing channels.
- Respond to internal and external data and insights to iterate and optimize everywhere.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A storyteller—you bring renovations to life, inspiring readers to take the leap and renovate fearlessly with Sweeten.
- An effective communicator—with internal stakeholders, you give feedback and present ideas thoughtfully and succinctly, able to explain the rationale behind your decisions confidently. With external readers, you distill complex ideas clearly keeping your audience engaged and inspired.
- A strong problem-solver—you convey complex topics simply, solving the puzzle with the right words, phrasing, and tone with fearlessness and an innovative mindset.
- A rapid learner—you have the ability and passion needed to quickly gain a keen understanding of our industry, our solution, and customers, integrating your domain knowledge into each decision you make. You jump into projects without much hand-holding.
- A strategic thinker—you anticipate issues, are results-oriented, and use data to make better decisions.
- Proven track record devising successful copy efforts
- 3+ years of work experience
- Supremely organized and skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- An eye for detail
- A relentless drive and collaborative spirit
- Proficiency using company technologies (Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Mac OS, etc.)
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or renovations preferred
We offer competitive compensation, flexible time off, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (not limited to apparel, toolboxes, and candles), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to let us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.