Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
To help achieve our goal of improving the process of quality renovations for everyone, Sweeten is seeking a Social Media and Content Manager who is skilled in amplifying the brand’s voice through performance-driven wordsmithing.
The Marketing team at Sweeten conveys the essence of the brand. Through content creation, we share real-life renovations, building trust and attracting a growing audience base of prospective renovators. This role combines performance with purpose, offering renovation inspiration and expertise to help people create a space they love.
We’re looking for a new team member to manage Sweeten’s social media channels and contribute content to our popular blog, often ranked in top 10 home renovation blogs alongside This Old House and Remodelista. You have an editorial sensibility and a business brain, adept at writing and packaging content—whether it’s a weekly blog newsletter or Instagram Stories—and using analytics to unlock insights to reach more renovators-to-be. You are comfortable defining a “voice” for Sweeten on social and a master at managing multiple projects with a high attention to detail. You have a passion a great story, leveraging intel to elevate Sweeten’s traffic and engagement.
As our Social Media and Content Manager, you will:
- Develop, implement, execute and report on an integrated strategy to grow Sweeten’s social media audience, social engagement and web traffic from social referral sources.
- Work with Sweeten’s Editor to guide content strategy through your GA analysis, new-market research and input from the Growth team.
- Help establish a “voice” to differentiate Sweeten as a design expert personality apart from others.
- Pitch, write and optimize regular blog columns driven by evergreen topics and SEO, handling the process from start to finish.
- Create the blog’s weekly newsletter, iterating to keep improving on open rates and CTR.
- Interact with Sweeten renovators, freelancers and experts on social and the blog.
- Cultivate relationships with key bloggers, editors and social influencers to increase Sweeten’s reach and content syndication.
- 4+ years’ experience creating editorial content and managing social media, ideally in the realm of design.
- A proven track record in devising social media strategy.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and headline-writing skills, with timeliness and accuracy.
- Professional experience analyzing performance (Google Analytics, Instagram Analytics, etc.) and developing insights/ongoing actions based on that analysis.
- Supremely organized and skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently, with an openness to test new ideas.
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress (or a similar CMS), plus social analytics and scheduling tools (i.e., CoSchedule, Sprout Social).
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit.
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or renovations a plus.
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to let us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.