Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super-ambitious, fun-loving people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Sweeten is seeking a Social Media Manager to amplify Sweeten’s voice and convey the essence of our brand. You’ll plan and execute social-specific content on platforms like Instagram—where we have a growing audience of nearly 500K followers—by drawing from Sweeten renovation projects that are published on our blog, Sweeten Stories.
Often ranked in top 10 home renovation blogs alongside This Old House and Remodelista, Sweeten Stories is our editorial outlet for sharing real-life renovations, building trust and attracting a growing audience base of prospective renovators.
- You have an editorial sensibility and a business brain, adept at writing and packaging content—whether it's a weekly blog newsletter or Instagram Stories—and using analytics to unlock insights to reach more renovators-to-be.
- You are comfortable defining a voice for Sweeten on social and a master at managing multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- You have a passion for a great story, zeroing in on the details that will capture our audiences’ attention and elevate engagement.
- Develop, implement, execute and report on an integrated strategy to engage our social media audience, and grow engagement and web traffic from social referral sources.
- Work closely with Sweeten’s blog editor to guide content strategy through analysis, new-market research and collaboration with our Growth team.
- Establish a strong voice that differentiates Sweeten as a design and construction expert personality in a crowded landscape.
- Craft a unique, inspiring weekly newsletter featuring new content published on the Sweeten Stories blog, iterating to improve open rates and CTR.
- Nurture relationships with our community of Sweeten renovators, freelancers and experts through existing and emerging platforms.
- Cultivate relationships with key bloggers, brands, editors and social influencers to increase Sweeten's reach and content syndication.
- 4+ years' experience managing social media ideally in the realm of design.
- A proven track record devising a successful social media strategy.
- Excellent, creative copywriting and editing skills with timeliness and accuracy.
- Professional experience analyzing performance (Google Analytics, Instagram Analytics, etc.) and developing insights/ongoing actions based on that data.
- A keen eye for ensuring visual uniformity on our social channels and an ability to analyze what visual assets perform well.
- Supremely organized and skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently with an openness to test new ideas.
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit.
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or renovations.
- Experience with scheduling tools (i.e., CoSchedule, Sprout Social, Later).
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to let us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.