Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super-ambitious, fun-loving people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Sweeten is seeking a Social Media Manager to amplify Sweeten’s voice and convey the essence of our brand. You’ll plan and execute social-specific content on platforms like Instagram—where we have a growing audience of nearly 500K followers—by drawing from Sweeten renovation projects that are published on our blog, Sweeten Stories.
Often ranked in top 10 home renovation blogs alongside This Old House and Remodelista, Sweeten Stories is our editorial outlet for sharing real-life renovations, building trust and attracting a growing audience base of prospective renovators.
- You know how to drive engagement and productivity from the communities you manage. You know that social can be a huge driver of not only awareness, but revenue!
- You are comfortable defining a voice and strategy for Sweeten on social and are a master at managing multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- You have an editorial sensibility and a business brain, adept at writing and packaging content—whether it's a weekly blog newsletter or Instagram Stories—and using analytics to unlock insights to reach more renovators-to-be.
- You have a passion for a great story, zeroing in on the details that will capture our audiences’ attention and elevate engagement.
- You are not a one-trick pony -- you love testing new ideas, platforms, and mediums.
- Develop, implement, execute, and report on an integrated strategy between earned, owned, and paid social media to engage our community, drive brand awareness and revenue from social referral sources.
- Ideate and execute on engaging paid campaigns that bolster our organic presence and reach new audiences.
- Establish a strong voice that differentiates Sweeten as a design and construction expert personality in a crowded landscape.
- Work closely with Sweeten’s blog editor to enhance and amplify the onsite content strategy. Support new-market research, launch events, and collaboration with our Growth team.
- A/B testing and optimization of all social platforms.
- Nurture relationships with our community of Sweeten renovators, freelancers and experts through existing and emerging platforms.
- Cultivate relationships with key bloggers, brands, editors and social influencers to increase Sweeten's reach and content syndication.
- Partner with copy and design to work within brand guidelines, while creating a special voice for our social platforms.
- 4+ years experience managing social media ideally in the realm of design.
- A proven track record creating and implementing a successful social media strategy.
- Excellent, creative copywriting and editing skills with timeliness and accuracy.
- Professional experience analyzing performance (Google Analytics, Instagram Analytics, etc.) and developing insights/ongoing actions based on that data.
- A keen eye for ensuring visual uniformity on our social channels and an ability to analyze what visual assets perform well.
- Supremely organized and skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently with an openness to test new ideas.
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit.
- Passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or renovations.
- Experience with scheduling tools (i.e., CoSchedule, Sprout Social, Later, Hubspot).
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to let us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.