Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations. We’re looking for passionate, talented new team members to join us.
Our Business Development Coordinator will play a crucial role in meeting the needs of Sweeten’s residential and commercial renovators. In this role, you will help grow our expert network, recruiting the best general contractors (GCs) in the New York City area to join the hundreds of GCs currently in our network. A talent spotter of great craft and excellent service, you will be tasked with ensuring that prospective GCs understand how Sweeten stands apart from the competition, and how joining the Sweeten network can transform their business and their lives. We’ll count on you to approach your work in service of your teammates and clients. You have a winning track record in sales, client services, or recruitment and you excel at time management and organization.
As our Business Development Coordinator, you will:
- Effectively articulate and pitch the Sweeten value proposition and strengths of our network to prospective Sweeten experts
- Recruit and onboard general contractors to the Sweeten network in New York City and beyond
- Work collaboratively with teammates to ensure that new recruits are set up to succeed
- Work with teammates to effectively meet demand: identify unmet renovator needs and work to fill those gaps via recruiting and onboarding talented contractors
- Explore and innovate on new ways to reach general contractors
- Foster trust with general contractors and partner with them in providing outstanding service to our shared clients
- Serve as a front line evangelist for Sweeten - clearly communicate our mission to raise the standard for trust, transparency, and performance in the construction industry
- Actively engage and collaborate across departments at Sweeten in service of improving our powerful technology platform, our brand, and our services
- Participate in off-site events, trade shows, site visits, and other external meetings as needed
- 1-3 years of sales or recruiting experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Composure under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and hop on the phone with new people every day
- Exceptional organizational skills, work ethic, and time management
- Positive and hard working mindset along with a desire to help contractors grow their businesses
- Excellent and engaging communication and interpersonal skills proven through stellar writing, speaking, and listening
- Efficient and effective follow-up skills via phone and email
- Passion for problem solving, a relentless drive, and a collaborative spirit
- Background or interest in construction, architecture, or design a plus
We offer competitive compensation including commission, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team.
If you're interested in joining our team, apply by filling out the brief form below. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.