Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations. We’re looking for passionate, talented new team members to join us. Get in touch!
The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Sweeten. You will be responsible for clearly conveying our platform's value as you qualify new leads. This role is critical to Sweeten successfully meeting the needs of residential and commercial renovators. We’ll count on you to approach your work in service of your teammates and clients, ensuring everyone you connect with is left with an excellent impression of Sweeten, whether they are ready to renovate or not. You won’t wilt at rejection, you ensure that every interaction is a learning experience for you and your potential customer and you enjoy diving into the details of someone’s renovation dreams.
As our Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Put yourself in our client’s shoes, understand their objectives, and thoughtfully and concisely address their questions, feedback, and concerns
- Qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities via phone and email
- Provide pre-sales support to educate and empower potential customers
- Achieve weekly and monthly goals to support company revenue objectives
- Track an evolving pipeline of hundreds of leads
- Fervently articulate and sell the Sweeten value proposition and the strengths of our network of renovation experts
- Work collaboratively with Sweeten teammates to ensure an end-to-end great client experience
- Serve as a front line evangelist for Sweeten and its mission to raise the standard for trust, transparency, and performance in the construction industry
- Participate in off-site events, trade shows, site visits, and other external meetings as needed
- Actively engage and collaborate across departments at Sweeten in service of improving our platform, brand, and services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent and engaging communication and interpersonal skills proven through great writing, speaking, and listening
- Composure under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and hop on the phone with new people every day
- Exceptional organizational skills for managing a high volume of opportunities
- Positive, energized attitude and hard working mindset with a drive to close business
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques including cold calls
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Superior organizational skills, work ethic, and time management skills
- Experience with CRM software and other sales tools
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Passion for problem solving, a relentless drive, and a collaborative spirit
- Background in cost estimating, construction, architecture, or design a plus
We offer competitive compensation including commission, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team.
If you're interested in joining our team, apply by filling out the brief form below. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.