Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Sweeten will launch in Los Angeles in 2019 and this position is based in L.A. We’re looking for passionate, talented new team members to join our effort. Get in touch!
The West Coast Marketing Manager plays a pivotal role in bringing the Sweeten brand to a new market. Working in collaboration with the NYC marketing team on overall objectives, this role will identify and spearhead regional programs while effectively being the “eyes and ears” for marketing on the West Coast to fuel Sweeten’s success. We’re looking for a driven team player to creatively spread the word about how we raise the standard for trust, transparency and technology in the construction industry.
As our West Coast Marketing Manager, you will:
- Explore and develop ways to promote Sweeten to key audiences, ensuring resources are being used wisely to drive KPIs
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and help execute strategic local media buys as well as productive, longer-term partnerships
- Scout and participate in local events, trade shows, designer gatherings and presentations with account management team members
- Fervently network and cultivate connections with influential groups to boost awareness among renovators, design trade, bloggers, realtors, entrepreneurs/small business owners, etc.
- Contribute to messaging, blog, and social content based on market intelligence and trends by reporting on prime neighborhoods to target, good PR opportunities and competitive activity
- Collaborate across departments at Sweeten to constantly improve our platform,brand, and services
- 5+ years professional experience in consumer promotions/marketing services
- bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent experience
- superior organization, work ethic, and time management skills
- excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- avid and creative problem solver, approaching ambiguity with excitement
- ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- relentlessly driven with a collaborative spirit
- background in design, construction or media a plus
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, apply below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.