Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our renovation support team helps residential and commercial property owners renovate fearlessly. We’re hiring a Renovation Support Specialist to join our crew. Our ideal team member will play a crucial role supporting the renovation process; you’ll put yourself in our client’s shoes and understand their objectives. You'll field incoming inquiries from our users with professionalism and empathy and ensure they have an excellent experience using Sweeten. You'll provide resources and trusted counsel at various stages in the renovation cycle, evaluate issues identified by our renovators, thoughtfully and concisely address their questions, feedback, and concerns, and guide them on a path to completing their renovation. You will work across a wide-ranging portfolio of projects, shifting gears throughout the day between detailed email communications, phone calls, and team meetings. You’ll also help build our systems so that we can deliver best-in-industry service to an increasing community of renovators -- scaling telephone, email and help desk processes.
We’ll count on you to approach your work in service of your clients and teammates, understanding the intrinsic values of building trust and upholding a high level of responsiveness. We’re looking for someone who takes deep pride in delivering superior, personalized customer service while also excelling at time management, prioritization, and organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, extreme attention to detail, persistence and patience in problem-solving, and an ability to find the high road in challenging situations are all key qualities for this member of our team.
As our Renovation Support Specialist, you will:
- Manage an evolving roster of renovation projects, providing consultative support, personalized outreach and follow-up where needed.
- Proactively determine client needs and provide support to them at every stage of the renovation process.
- Handle incoming inquiries from customers, resolving or re-directing issues as needed.
- Scaffold communication support for customers and contractors to ensure that both sides of our marketplace are communicating clearly and effectively.
- Work collaboratively with Sweeten teammates to ensure that clients get what they need from Sweeten in order to complete successful renovations.
- Foster trust with general contractors and architects, and partner with them in providing outstanding service to our shared clients.
- Track and measure support efforts and results.
- Serve as a front line evangelist for Sweeten and its mission to raise the standard for trust, transparency, and performance in the construction industry.
- Actively engage and collaborate across departments at Sweeten in service of improving our powerful technology platform, our brand, and our services.
- 2 to 3 years of demonstrated experience in customer service or account management
- excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- efficient and effective follow-up skills via phone and email
- superior organizational skills, work ethic, and time management
- flexible schedule that allows for limited morning, evening, and weekend work when necessary to connect with clients
- excellence in teamwork and a service mindset
- passion for problem solving, a relentless drive, and a collaborative spirit
- passion for or interest in learning about design, real estate, or renovations a plus
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, and fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house). Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.