Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our engineering team develops the platform that helps renovators meet construction professionals who are the best fit for the work. We’re hiring a developer to join the crew. Our ideal QA has a passion for beautiful products and has worked on applications at scale.
Renovating is a big and complex undertaking, and many of our customers are first-time renovators. Our new developer will support our team in launching products that make the process easier, more accessible, and more exciting for people who are thinking about doing a major renovation. We believe in our general contractors, investing in their potential with world-class business development and marketing tools that get more renovations completed successfully. In addition, our tech team serves our own employees with responsive product designs and tools that help us all get great work done at increasing scale. Sweeten’s tech is ultimately people-focused, and we’re looking for a new team member who wants to be a part of this big picture.
- Independent self-learner and a great team player
- Looking to grow into a leadership role as our team expands
- Are always seeking to improve your skills and work with new tools.
- You have shown an ability to advocate for quality across functional teams
Your responsibilities include
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and advocate for quality features within cross-functional development teams.
- Identify, record, and thoroughly document bugs.
- Coordinate testing efforts to ensure the delivery of quality features and Track quality assurance metrics
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
- 3+ years experience in software quality assurance
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, C or Java). Experience with Ruby on Rails is a bonus.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process