Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Sweeten will launch in Los Angeles in 2019 and this position is based in LA. We’re looking for passionate, talented new team members to join our effort. Get in touch!
The Account Manager plays a crucial role in meeting the needs of Sweeten’s residential and commercial renovators. In this role, you’ll put yourself in our client’s shoes, understand their objectives, and thoughtfully and concisely address their questions, feedback, and concerns. The Account Manager will also develop and maintain strong relationships with general contractors and architects, working to ensure that these experts are succeeding in the Sweeten network. We’ll count on you to approach your work in service of your clients and customers; point to a winning track record in sales, account management, or client services; and relish delivering superior, personal service while also excelling at time management and organization.
As our Account Manager, you will:
- Manage an evolving roster of accounts, providing regular personalized outreach
- Effectively articulate and sell the Sweeten value proposition and the strengths of our network of renovation experts
- Work collaboratively with Sweeten teammates to ensure that renovators are getting everything they need from Sweeten and our experts in order to complete successful renovations
- Work collaboratively with Sweeten teammates to ensure that our general contractors are set up for and achieving success as part of the Sweeten network
- Explore and innovate new ways to service clients and customers, proactively determine what they need, and provide support to them at every stage of the renovation process
- Foster trust with general contractors and architects, and partner with them in providing outstanding service to our shared clients
- Serve as a front line evangelist for Sweeten and its mission to raise the standard for trust, transparency, and performance in the construction industry
- Participate in off-site events, trade shows, site visits, and other external meetings as needed
- Tirelessly support Sweeten teammates in accessing and analyzing the information they need in order to successfully manage their accounts and responsibilities
- Actively engage and collaborate across departments at Sweeten in service of improving our powerful technology platform, our brand, and our services
- 3+ years professional experience
- 2+ years in sales, customer service, or account management
- Excellence in teamwork and a service mindset
- Superior organizational skills, work ethic, and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Efficient and effective follow-up skills via phone and email
- Passion for problem solving
- A relentless drive and a collaborative spirit
- Background in architecture, interior design or construction a plus
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.