Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our engineering team develops the platform that helps renovators meet construction professionals who are the best fit for the work. We’re hiring a developer to join the crew. Our ideal developer has a passion for beautiful products and has built applications at scale. We’re looking for someone who loves their craft, wants to apply their talents at a company that values creativity and problem-solving, and brings an innate sense of curiosity to solve long-standing industry challenges and build a system that has never existed before.
Renovating is a big and complex undertaking, and many of our customers are first-time renovators. Our new developer will support our team in launching products that make the process easier, more accessible, and more exciting for people who are thinking about doing a major renovation. We believe in our general contractors, investing in their potential with world-class business development and marketing tools that get more renovations completed successfully. In addition, our tech team serves our own employees with responsive product designs and tools that help us all get great work done at increasing scale. Sweeten’s tech is ultimately people-focused, and we’re looking for a new team member who wants to be a part of this big picture.
- Ship high quality software on predictable schedules.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, management, mentorship, and development of the engineering team.
- Inspire and lead a team through clear goals and accountability.
- Drive execution of product and platform initiatives across the product development teams.
- Maintain secure, scalable infrastructure.
- Collaborate with business and product leadership to effectively communicate progress against goals.
- A technologist having led teams of engineers
- 10-15 years of overall engineering experience
- Experience as an exceptional people manager
- Comfortable managing a distributed team
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A relentless drive and collaborative spirit
- Strong detail orientation, work ethic, and time management
- Proactive willingness to get your hands dirty and pitch in where needed
- Ability to foster a culture of excellence including the ability to imbue a team with great care for quality of work, excitement, and passion