Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our engineering team develops the platform that helps renovators meet construction professionals who are the best fit for the work. We’re hiring a developer to join the crew. Our ideal developer has a passion for beautiful products and has built applications at scale. We’re looking for someone who loves their craft, wants to apply their talents at a company that values creativity and problem-solving, and brings an innate sense of curiosity to solve long-standing industry challenges and build a system that has never existed before.
Renovating is a big and complex undertaking, and many of our customers are first-time renovators. Our new developer will support our team in launching products that make the process easier, more accessible, and more exciting for people who are thinking about doing a major renovation. We believe in our general contractors, investing in their potential with world-class business development and marketing tools that get more renovations completed successfully. In addition, our tech team serves our own employees with responsive product designs and tools that help us all get great work done at increasing scale. Sweeten’s tech is ultimately people-focused, and we’re looking for a new team member who wants to be a part of this big picture.
- Independent self-learner and a great team player
- Looking to grow into a leadership role as our team expands
- Are always seeking to improve your skills and learn alongside top-performing engineers
- Like to tackle tough problems with creative solutions
Your responsibilities include
- Build, test and deliver reliable and scalable code using Ruby on rails
- Brainstorm and execute the development of new features and components with our onsite team
- Clearly communicates timelines, scopes and technical concerns
- Collaborates cross-functionally with design, product & QA
- Perform code reviews and provides constructive feedback
- 5+ years working with Ruby on Rails
- Able to lead projects spanning across many months and can effectively delegate to other
- Experience with mentoring mid-level and junior developers
- You write clean & scalable code