Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
Our marketing team leads Sweeten’s marketing, advertising, original content production, and partnership development efforts to attract renovating homeowners and business owners. We’re hiring for an intern to join the crew. Sweeten interns have all-access passes to the business – you’ll sit in meetings with the founders and senior leadership and get to see what goes into growing a tech company. We’ll want to know what you enjoy doing and what you want to learn, and you’ll be in an environment that allows you to explore both. We’ve had an awesome group of interns who have rolled up their sleeves on special projects including evaluating data to understand renovation trends and user experience, contributing to social media campaigns and community outreach, working on the blog and SEO tactics, planning events, pitching in on day-to-day office needs, and being all-around champions of our mission.
We’re looking for someone who loves to learn and get things done, wants to apply their talents at a company that values creativity and problem-solving, and brings an innate sense of curiosity to the table.
Renovating is a complex undertaking, and many of our customers are first-time renovators. Our new marketing intern will support initiatives to get the word out and make the process more accessible for people who are thinking about doing a major renovation. We also believe in our general contractors, investing in their potential with world-class business development and marketing tools that get more renovations completed successfully. Sweeten’s tech is ultimately people-focused; we’re looking for a new team member who wants to be a part of this big picture.
As our marketing intern, you’ll be helping out across the company to enhance our presence across all multimedia channels, including our popular blog and social channels (we have nearly 500k followers on Instagram!). In this role, you may:
- Contribute to CONTENT:
- archive blog stories and update images
- organize content for a new blog design
- coordinate shoots and visit work sites to take photos on smaller projects
- track and report on content performance, encompassing newsletter, blog, and press coverage
- opportunity to contribute blog posts
- Broaden our SOCIAL FOOTPRINT and find new AMBASSADORS:
- support social media production
- build our brand reach by researching and compiling a shortlist of manufacturers featured on a regular basis, including their social media following, to recommend strategic partners
- source and reach out to prospective members of newly launched referral programs
- Conduct MARKET RESEARCH and create SEO opportunities:
- research trending neighborhoods in new markets and dig into Department of Buildings data, cross-referencing to target prime areas for renovation
- determine potential advertising vehicles in target areas, and assist with guerilla marketing in key neighborhoods
- Make our GENERAL CONTRACTORS and the SWEETEN TEAM shine:
- help contractors best represent their work on their profiles
- support team and office needs related to reception, phone coverage, email inquiries and team event planning
- available on a part-time basis (20-25 hours per week)
- highly organized and focused on details
- relentlessly driven with a collaborative spirit
- thoughtful about learning and building skills in a creative, professional environment
- able to work efficiently and happily in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- college student or recent college graduate from any area of study a plus
- demonstrated passion for real estate, design, interiors, and/or renovation a plus
- experience using Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, any video editing programs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, SproutSocial, and/or Google Apps a plus
- camera skills or ability to take good (enough) photos on a mobile phone (for our blog) a plus
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and weekly catered team lunches. Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.