We have an opening for a Communications Manager to join our growing Marketing team. As part of the Marketing Team, you’ll establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy, managing social media, PR, and events to drive brand awareness, generate leads, and connect with audiences. This role will work closely with the content strategy team to help create compelling editorial content to leverage across communication channels. This role will report to the Head of Content.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Write, edit, publish, and report on organic social content for Sustain.Life’s existing social media channels and community as well as identify new channels to pursue
- Grow our online community of sustainability professionals by facilitating engaging discussions, interacting with members, hosting virtual events and more
- Assist the content team on developing an array of assets that can be leveraged across social channels including blog posts, educational videos, and whitepapers
- Monitor trends, social conversations, and feedback to inform strategy and content calendar
- Oversee social content publishing and media pitching in sync with the editorial calendar, according to channel goals and best practices for high engagement
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify—based on their business objectives—the main topics to be turned into stories and PR pitches
- Develop highly targeted media lists and build relationships with key targets through proactive pitching
- Pitch and manage speaking opportunities and events—conferences, podcasts, etc.—and awards submissions
- Write and edit high-quality press releases and media pitches with minimal oversight
- Conduct data-driven analysis of the effectiveness of media and social programs and communicate results back to business on regular basis
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial and intellectually curious
- An excellent writer and adept editor that can collaborate across teams and highlight the ROI of content
- Willing to try new things and can manage multiple projects at once
- Enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across Sustainability, Marketing, Product, and beyond
- Demonstrated ability to craft interesting media angles, with or without a news moment, and proactively build relationships with reporters
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow social channels
- B2B experience
Bonus - experience we'd love to see
- Startup experience. You've helped build new businesses from the ground up.
- Sustainability experience preferred, but a willingness to learn from and collaborate with sustainability experts is essential
- Experience building and managing an online community
- Established media contacts in the sustainability and business space
- Experience with Webflow, or a similar CMS
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Who we are:
Sustain.Life is an early-stage Climate Tech start-up that focuses on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions to address the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform offers innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
Join us in our mission! We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK and Ireland. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our sustainability platform, and we were finalists in the 2022 SXSW. We believe in our mission, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow.
At Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2021, our entire carbon footprint was only 120 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees. Our platform helps us understand our impact on the environment and to take the necessary steps to reduce that impact.
Sustain.Life is a part the 4Sided venture studio.