We have an opening for a Backend Software Engineer to join our growing Product-Engineering team. Our cloud-native SaaS platform is designed to appeal to engineers and designers alike. The cornerstone of our engineering culture is a collaborative mix of engineering and product design, allowing us to build useful and beautiful user experiences. Our technology stack uses scalable architecture and extensible designs to respond to our customers and new challenges that may arise. We have built on a foundation of Typescript, React, GraphQL, CosmosDB, Snowflake and Kubernetes.
An ideal candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, curiosity and responsibility. We are looking for someone preferably with experience in cloud-based architecture, customer focus, and who has a passion for change. You will be building and delivering software that will have a real impact on our planet's future.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Executing independently on delivering full stack product features that have a heavy focus on backend engineering.
- Collaborating across engineering, product, design and the business to drive quality and thoughtful solutions.
- Helping to drive excellence in technical design.
- Helping to drive operational excellence.
- Contributing to coding standards and ongoing code quality standards.
- Participating in the production on-call support rotation.
- Helping to facilitate growth across the broader Engineering Team.
Who you are:
- 3+ years' experience in a Production Engineering environment.
- Exposure to SaaS product-engineering development.
- A strong communicator, capable of collaborative teamwork in a remote working environment.
- A successful track record in software project completion.
- Experience in GraphQL, Node and Typescript is preferable.
- Experience in Event Sourcing is preferable.
Bonus - experience we'd love to see
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up.
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution.
- React experience a bonus.
Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Who we are:
Sustain.Life is an early-stage Climate Tech start-up that focuses on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions to address the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform offers innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
Join us in our mission! We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK and Ireland. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our sustainability platform, and we were finalists in the 2022 SXSW. We believe in our mission, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow.
At Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2021, our entire carbon footprint was only 120 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees. Our platform helps us understand our impact on the environment and to take the necessary steps to reduce that impact.
Sustain.Life is a part the 4Sided venture studio.