We have an opening for a Software Engineer with applied experience building carbon accounting and management tools to join our growing Product-Engineering team. The candidate should have experience building software products aligned with GHG Protocol value chain accounting methods, as well as emissions screening and modeling/simulation experience. This role will develop emissions calculation, data management and related tools for our software application to facilitate both estimated as well as audit-ready emission inventories. Our technology stack uses scalable architecture and extensible designs to respond to our customers and new challenges that may arise. We have built on a foundation of Typescript, React, GraphQL, CosmosDB, Snowflake and Kubernetes. This role reports to our Senior Director of Engineering and works closely with our sustainability and product teams.
An ideal candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, curiosity, and problem solving. We are looking for someone preferably with experience in cloud-based architecture, customer focus, and who has a passion for change. You will be building and delivering an innovative suite of software features that will have a real impact on our planet's future.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Translating your experience designing carbon accounting tools to our larger engineering team to productize across our application
- Collaborating across engineering, sustainability, and product to drive innovative and thoughtful solutions
- Responsibility for the delivery of product features
- Helping to drive excellence in technical design and capability
- Responsible for product uptime and participating in the production on-call support rotation
Who you are:
- 3+ years' experience in a Production Engineering environment performing, with at least 1 year auditing or building calculation tools for inventories of scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- Exposure to SaaS product-engineering development with a successful track record in software project completion
- Prior experience with developing or implementing sustainability management platforms
- Experience with scope 3 value chain assessment techniques, methods and factor sets is preferable
- Experience in Typescript and React is preferable
Bonus - experience we'd love to see
- Data simulation or modeling background preferred, especially as it relates to carbon accounting
- Proficiency in LCA software and familiarity with datasets to build product evaluation tools is preferable but not required
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you!
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Who we are:
Sustain.Life is an early-stage Climate Tech start-up that focuses on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions to address the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform offers innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
Join us in our mission! We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK and Ireland. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our sustainability platform, and we were finalists in the 2022 SXSW. We believe in our mission, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow.
At Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2021, our entire carbon footprint was only 120 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees. Our platform helps us understand our impact on the environment and to take the necessary steps to reduce that impact.