We’re looking for an optimistic and talented Product Designer 2 to join our team. This role will create and drive our design strategy, helping us guide businesses through operating more sustainably in an intuitive new product. The ideal candidate wants to create a compelling product that drives mindset shifts of business owners to a more sustainable future. The role will report to the VP, Head of Design.
The ideal candidate will draw upon creativity, problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Working with our product, design, and sustainability teams to uncover insights
- Create and model systems: data, navigation, interactions
- Apply and evolve our design system into interfaces
- Ideate multiple perspectives into mockups & prototypes utilizing best in class tools, methods, and processes
- Collaborate with partner-stakeholders (product managers, engineers, sales, sustainability, other designers), shaping design’s focus on both design quality and the people whom we serve
- Extend usability, accessibility, responsiveness, and other properties through design execution
- Develop tools and processes for designers and engineers to engage with the design system
- Support our goal to be a global thought expert in corporate and community sustainability
- Support our company’s goals of measuring and reducing our carbon emissions, as well as other important environmental metrics like water use and waste
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- You have experience working on complex, data intensive, digital products & services
- Demonstrate a well-rounded set of digital design skills with primary emphasis on system & interaction design and information architecture with secondary abilities in graphic/visual design and research
- Enthusiastic about design systems and supporting designers and non-designers alike in using one
- Responsive to direction and comfortable working with multiple people from different disciplines to achieve an outcome
- You are strategic and outcome oriented and present your work based on a critical eye to the business
- You are not only proficient in relevant tools of the trade but explore tools & tooling to always be ready to switch to the next outstanding tool
- You have demonstrated skills with modern web development platforms and tools, are comfortable working in code, and partnering with Engineers
- You use your communications and interpersonal skills to collaborate and clearly communicate requirements, requests, and responses
- Ability to work asynchronously across distributed time zones and travel quarterly
Bonus - experience we'd love to see
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution
Great - we'd love to talk to you!
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Who we are:
Sustain.Life is an early-stage Climate Tech start-up that focuses on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions to address the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform offers innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
Join us in our mission! We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK and Ireland. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our sustainability platform, and we were finalists in the 2022 SXSW. We believe in our mission, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow.
At Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2021, our entire carbon footprint was only 120 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees. Our platform helps us understand our impact on the environment and to take the necessary steps to reduce that impact.