We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Product-Engineering team. Our cloud-native SaaS platform is designed to appeal to engineers and designers alike. The cornerstone of our engineering culture is a collaborative mix of engineering and product design, allowing us to build useful and beautiful user experiences. Our technology stack uses scalable architecture and extensible designs to respond to our customers and new challenges that may arise. We have built on a foundation of Typescript, React, GraphQL, CosmosDB, Snowflake and Kubernetes.
An ideal candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, curiosity and responsibility. We are looking for someone preferably with experience in cloud-based architecture, customer focus, and who has a passion for change. You will be building and delivering software that will have a real impact on our planet's future.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to Sustain.Life's engineering culture of operational excellence
- Taking ownership for technical delivery of roadmap features and products
- Collaborating with leadership to craft and execute the Sustain technical vision
- Collaborating with Product to deliver software for our customers
- Taking responsibility for operational performance of the Sustain product
- Participating in the production on-call support rotation
- Leading development squads to build best-in-class solutions to old and new challenges
- Providing thought leadership on solutions to complex social challenges
Who you are:
- 6+ years' experience in a Production Engineering environment with on-call support
- Exposure to SaaS product-engineering development
- A successful track record in driving software project completion
- Experience in leading and/or mentoring engineers that you work with
- Demonstrated ownership of work
- Experience in React, Typescript and Kubernetes a plus
Bonus - experience we'd love to see
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up.
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution.
Great - we'd love to talk to you!
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Who we are:
Sustain.Life is an early-stage Climate Tech start-up that focuses on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions to address the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform offers innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
Join us in our mission! We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK and Ireland. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our sustainability platform, and we were finalists in the 2022 SXSW. We believe in our mission, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow.
At Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2021, our entire carbon footprint was only 120 Metric Tons of carbon, which we offset on behalf of our employees. Our platform helps us understand our impact on the environment and to take the necessary steps to reduce that impact.