Who you are
Sustain.Life is looking for a sustainability professional with applied experience in carbon accounting. Candidate should have strong working knowledge of GHG Protocol accounting methods across most or all emissions categories, as well as emissions screening and modeling experience. The analyst role will develop emissions calculations, data management and related tools for our software interface to facilitate audit-ready emission inventorying. This role will report to our Associate Director of Sustainability and will work closely with our software engineers and product team.
Who we are
- We are a high energy software startup that specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts.
- We are building a team that will help our users learn about climate change, benchmark their environmental performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, create and execute reduction strategies, drive impact and achieve success, and ultimately share their progress with internal and external stakeholders.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world.
Desired Qualifications for this Role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, environmental science, sustainability, or another related field required.
- Advanced degree in environmental analytics, environmental informatics, data science, or environmental statistics preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel required.
- Minimum five year's experience performing inventories of Scopes 1, 2, and 3 for businesses with complex / global supply chains from various sectors.
- Experience with Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods.
- Strong preference for prior experience developing product and process lifecycle assessments.
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060).
- Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies.
- Working knowledge of key ESG-related standards and reporting frameworks including GHG Protocol, SASB, GRI, UNGC, CDP and TCFD.
This is a part-time hourly contract position with future potential for full-time employment.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age