Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We're looking for salespeople to manage accounts and skyrocket customer growth. If you're a self-starter with a consultative approach to selling — with experience pitching sales to any audience, and cultivating great client relationships — this job's for you!
The Sr. Business Development Representative for the Enterprise sales team will play an important role in executing an outbound sales program, prospecting into medium and large organizations to help them increase the value of their current deployment of SurveyMonkey, expand existing, or adopt new large-scale use. The Sr. BDR for Enterprise will be a key partner to the platform sales account executive team - generating, qualifying, and passing new sales opportunities to them. Depending on the volume of new marketing-generated leads, there may be the opportunity for also qualifying and passing inbound leads. The BDR role will not immediately include closing sales opportunities, but will grow into that and is a great path to an account executive role. You will be trained on no-pressure, effective cold call techniques and learn the Sandler selling system.
- Support Account Executives by targeting and penetrating accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills and developing new qualified opportunities
- Prospecting activities include email, LinkedIn, potentially some direct mail, however this is primarily a phone-based calling role. Daily/weekly expectations of 50/250+ calls.
- Complete accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers in Salesforce.com and other tools
- Strategic calling to develop business from new and established relationships
- Potential to close small seat, transactional platform deals after 2-3 quarters of successful appointment setting
- Passion for building a career in sales
- 1-2 years experience in a SaaS outbound sales or account development role
- Bonus: selling data, survey, and/or information security products or experience selling to enterprise size customers
- Skill, confidence, and interest in delivering daily/weekly/monthly high call volumes in pursuit of pipeline development goals
- Quantifiable evidence of past success and ongoing learning
- Entrepreneurial spirit -- maintaining an exceptionally high level of activity and driven to crush sales goals
- Ability to think strategically in developing accounts for long-term value, not just setting meetings or qualifying a lead
- Intentionality to build strong relationships with Account Executive counterparts
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.