Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We're looking for salespeople to manage accounts and skyrocket customer growth. If you're a self-starter with a consultative approach to selling — with experience pitching sales to any audience, and cultivating great client relationships — this job's for you!
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. In addition to supporting the sales team in pre-sales conversations, you will work cross-functionally with product, marketing, legal, and security. You will work with our largest customers and prospects (i.e. P&G, IBM, Facebook, HP, AT&T, Microsoft, etc).
- Provide pre-sales functional and technical expertise through the buying process including knowledge of the SurveyMonkey core platform, additional solutions, and integrations
- Drive the adoption of SurveyMonkey within strategic accounts by translating features into value drivers for the business
- Deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople
- Understand and continually develop working knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of SurveyMonkey
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- Be a SurveyMonkey product expert
- Provide RFP/RFI responses and security reviews
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- 1-3 years SaaS experience with comfort in SaaS solutions, concepts, and business models
- 1-3 years of experience with marketing or customer experience software
- Masterful in delivering software demonstrations, whether in-person, or via web presentation
- Experience with technical business documentation like workflow diagrams, proposals, SOWs, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Occasional travel required
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.