Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Our name: SurveyMonkey. It’s memorable. It’s recognized. It’s the world’s leading survey platform. And — let's not overlook the obvious — it has the word Monkey in it. Our brand is 20 million people strong thanks to savvy marketers who know how to connect with all kinds of audiences. From online and product marketers to communications gurus, our marketing team champions our customers to build brand awareness, launch new products, and keep the business humming. Jazzed? We are too — drop us a line and pitch us your personal value prop!
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Senior Marketing Writer to join our Creative Brand team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing high-performing marketing content. This role will be instrumental not only in improving existing copy, but also in defining and developing SurveyMonkey messaging going forward.
- Help define and execute the overall content experience for the SurveyMonkey platform to support product launches, growth initiatives, and global marketing efforts
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (marketing, growth, product, localization) to align content development and execution with key business objectives
- Create marketing assets in a variety of formats such as webinars, eGuides, landing pages, case studies, emails, blog posts
- Leverage excellent editorial skills and partner with the design team to create on-brand, high-performing content
- Manage day-to-day content stream in the CMS (writing, editing, and publishing)
- 5+ years of marketing copywriting experience
- Skilled at both B2B and B2C writing
- Strong short-form copywriting skills
- Collaborative working style with a focus on building relationships across teams and promoting content best practices throughout the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Passion for tackling big challenges and a good sense of humor
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Wordpress experience preferred
Bonus bananas for …
- Proven track record of producing high performing copy for web pages, blog posts, emails and ads
- Ability to leverage quantitative data for improving content experiences
- Experience writing English for international markets
- Knowledge of JIRA or other project management systems for tracking work
**Please include at least 3 writing samples with your resume.**
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.