SurveyMonkey is a global leader in online surveys and forms that empowers people with the insights they need to make decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive feedback management platform connects millions of users worldwide with real-time AI-powered insights that drive meaningful decisions. We provide answers to more than 20 million questions every day so that people and organizations can attract new audiences, delight customers, create advocates, and extend their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at surveymonkey.com.
What we’re looking for
The Web Platform team is a dynamic group of skilled professionals who spearhead the architecture, development, and continuous enhancement of core front-end platforms at SurveyMonkey. Our mission is clear: empower product teams to create exceptional web applications that our customers rely on day in and day out.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in front-end technologies, application architecture and deployment, and a passion for innovation. As a member of our team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technological landscape of our web applications. Your ideas will drive the design and evolution of our platform, contributing directly to the success of our products.
What you’ll be working on
- Work within the team to ideate, design, develop, and release core platform features and enhancements to enable faster, more efficient, and higher quality web application development.
- Work with the product engineering community to identify challenges, present innovative solutions, and shape the future of our front-end applications.
- Investigate and address issues with performance, security, observability, and maintainability.
- Provide support to ensure the highest levels of continuity in our applications development and delivery.
- Guide product engineering teams in feature and application migration to our platforms.
We’d love to hear from people with
- 5+ years of experience in modern web application development.
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, and TypeScript.
- Experience with web application development and deployment at scale.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent.
Why SurveyMonkey? We’re glad you asked
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. We’re building an inclusive workplace where people of every background can excel no matter their time zone. At SurveyMonkey, we weave employee feedback into everything we do to create forward-looking benefits policies, employee programs, and an award-winning culture, including best workplace for parents, our annual holiday refresh, our annual week of service, and our C.H.O.I.C.E Fund. In addition, we’ve reimagined the way we work to allow employees to choose what works best for them -- working in-person, fully remote, or a hybrid model that combines the two through our Choice Model.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.