What we're looking for
The Survey Platform engineering team is responsible for building the foundational survey domain back end services for our suite of products and solutions such as the core self serve, enterprise and highly specialized market research solutions. The team is also responsible for enabling these services to work across web application, mobile and external developer platforms used by third party developers.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for solving new and interesting problems. We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives which can help grow our team, and our platform both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team through your mentorship, experience and leadership. You will continuously build and expand your own technical expertise as well as drive excellence in engineering within the team. You will report to the Director, Engineering.
- Hire and retain passionate team members
- Facilitate career growth for your team members through coaching, frequent feedback and providing opportunities to develop their strengths and acquire new skills.
- Work closely with various stakeholders (cross functional partners and other engineering leaders) and development team to ideate on ways to build a great platform
- Build a world class survey platform that is robust and resilient
- Be a key player in cross-team technical initiatives and own the technical aspects of software architecture and development
- Continuously build and expand your own technical expertise as well as drive excellence in engineering within the team
- 3+ years of experience managing successful teams
- 8+ years of professional software development experience, with a focus on backend APIs and services
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with both co-located and remote engineers and cross-functional partners
- Experience leading and shipping large-scale cross functional projects
- Deep expertise in designing and building world-class services and APIs
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Cloud technologies, especially AWS
- Expertise with, and an excellent track record using Python/Ruby on Rails at scale
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Our vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, benefits, and culture for our 1,600+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel.
We've won multiple Culture and Employee awards, including Comparably's Best Workplace for Women and Diversity, and received recognition for our forward-looking benefits policies, including best workplace for parents, vendor benefits standards, our annual holiday refresh, retirement benefits, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.