More about our Market Research Platform Team
Market research solutions within SurveyMonkey caters to an exciting new space, ripe for innovation and helps millions of people make a wide variety of product and marketing decisions every day. We are a small, agile and autonomous group of engineering, product, design and sales teams moving the product forward quickly and efficiently. Audience platform engineering team is a core part of Market Research. We are accountable for the backend services that power a variety of solutions from self-serve to highly specialized market research use cases.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a passion for solving new and interesting problems. We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives that you bring with yourself which can help grow our team, and our platform both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team through your technical work, experience and leadership. You will continuously build and expand your own technical expertise as well as drive excellence in engineering within the team. Our services are written in Python and run on AWS. We are a learning organization and continuously modernize our technical stack and infrastructure.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable services across multiple data regions
- End-to-end ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and following software best practices which allow us to move quickly
- Build observable systems that track important metrics that help monitoring as well as make important product decisions
- Mentor and guide engineers with empathy, on best practices and providing code and design reviews
- 5+ years experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with both co-located and remote engineers and cross-functional partners
- Deep expertise in designing and building world-class services and APIs
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others
- Self-motivated, data-driven, and possessing a strong work ethic
Candidates with experience in the following is an added plus
- Modern security and access control practices
- Experience with multi-region data center architecture
Technologies we use
- Python, Pyramid framework
- SQL Server, Solr, MySQL, Memcached
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Our vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, benefits, and culture for our 1,600+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel.
We've won multiple Culture and Employee awards, including Comparably's Best Workplace for Women and Diversity, and received recognition for our forward-looking benefits policies, including best workplace for parents, vendor benefits standards, our annual holiday refresh, retirement benefits, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.