Senior Product Designer, Growth
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Designer who is curious about data and passionate about building customer-centered products that delight. This is an opportunity to apply your design craft and analytical thinking skills toward creating products that give individuals a voice and generate actionable insights for businesses. The successful candidate will join our Growth design team, as a key member of a product-design-engineering triad.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. Your creative efficiency will help you navigate uncertainty. You also stop at nothing to create elegant solutions based on your clearly defined concepts. We are looking for someone with an appetite for validating ideas by running research and interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. You are practiced at testing designs in small chunks to uncover insights and validate hypotheses at high speed – this ability will be an essential component to your success. You will join the team in a crucial role in the Product – Engineering – Design triad and will help build an essential company strategy to improve growth and conversion.
If this describes you then join our amazing team to create compelling experiences and drive business impact.
What you’ll be doing:
- Expertly craft evidence-based experiences for our web-based applications that deliver on our customers’ needs and drive our business goals forward. Experience working in an agile experimentation environment is key.
- Be instrumental in building the growth vision in your Product-Design-Engineering triad
- Discover problems and evaluate ideas through customer research (both quantitative & qualitative). You’ll be defining experiments, interpreting usage analytics, conducting customer interviews and usability studies, and more in tandem with your research partners.
- Build collaborative, influential relationships and processes with other designers, and cross-functional peers inProduct, Engineering, Research, Content Strategy, to solve customer problems
- Elevate the level of craft in your design team through mentorship, demonstrating excellence, evolving the team’s methods and processes, and thinking towards broader consistency and scale
We’re looking for:
- At least five years of relevant industry experience. Bachelor’s or Master’s in user experience design, interaction design, graphic design, human factors engineering, or related fields is a plus.
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs. Work examples should showcase your visual and interaction design skills, demonstrate design thinking from problem to solution, document how you evaluate the success of your designs, and show how your work impacted the business.
- Excellence in communicating your designs, approach, and rationale for design decisions to stakeholders. A hunger for receiving and seeking out feedback from both fellow designers and cross-functional peers & leadership.
- Experience working with, contributing to, and informing the direction of a design system
- Expertise with Figma (or similar design authoring tools). Curiosity for and desire to learn new tools and technologies to incorporate into or inform your work. Knowledge of HTML & CSS is a plus.
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.