Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Legal Team
We are a diverse legal team, dedicated to developing passionate people who share our interest in working on engaging legal issues and are creative and thoughtful in providing practical legal guidance to our teams. As a data platform business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology and the rules get fuzzy. This makes our work very interesting. So if this sounds like something you'd be passionate about and you have a burning desire to work in a hands-on environment with terrific people, we'd love to have you on board.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Product & Privacy Counsel with experience in product counseling and privacy to join our legal and corporate affairs team. Reporting to our Senior Director, Legal, you will support our Platform product team, which oversees areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence, analytics and insights, core Saas service (user identity, admin experience, notifications, security and abuse prevention), billing and payments, and more. You will be a trusted advisor to our product and engineering teams, a privacy resource for the product legal team, and a partner to security, data, product marketing, and product design teams. You will also work with senior business leaders and help guide legal and corporate strategic projects.
- Work directly with Momentive's Platform product team to develop thoughtful product development strategies while assessing and mitigating legal risk.
- Advise senior product and engineering leaders and their stakeholders on product and feature development and releases.
- Conduct legal product reviews to ensure compliance with global laws and regulations and to influence future strategies and roadmaps.
- Draft clear disclosures and terms to allow our users and customers to make informed choices about their privacy and use of our products.
- Conduct data protection impact assessments with support from global privacy team colleagues to help internal clients reduce identified risks relating to new product and feature development and releases.
- Work with our global privacy team to implement product and process changes across teams to address changes in privacy laws and regulations.
- Develop legal training and help build scalable processes for legal review and launch of new products and features.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience (including 3+ years' in-house experience) advising technology companies with a focus on product counseling and privacy.
- JD from accredited law school and US-qualified (California bar membership or registered in-house counsel preferred).
- Experience with product counseling, security and data privacy, intellectual property, SaaS software licensing, and regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, CCPA and US state laws, HIPAA, COPPA, PCI, FTC, and consumer protection laws; experience with privacy by design and privacy or security incident response helpful.
- Strategic negotiation and project management skills to achieve compliant solutions and execution across teams.
- The ability to foster relationships with internal clients and break down and explain legal concepts in plain, concise language with relevant contextual examples.
- A growth mindset and passion for learning.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.