Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Web Platform Team
Momentive is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our Web Platform team. The mission of Web Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all Momentive products will run. We are building a backbone for all web applications at Momentive. The work in our mission will be a force-multiplier to enable engineers to make an impact.
What we're looking for
In this role, you will deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, enabling our development teams to serve our Momentive customers seamlessly across digital and mobile media. As such you will define the experiences in engineering a platform that provides services and frameworks to developers as a secure, scalable and highly available platform by using a variety of technologies such as GraphQL, NodeJS, React and Docker.
- Be a key player and help mentor a team of software engineers
- Own technical aspects of software architecture and development
- Perform design and development of modular packages, components and frameworks
- Develop a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Set the technical standards and best practices across the company
- Write code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services and frameworks
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Partner with development teams and help on-board other engineers to the platform
- 12 years of experience in software engineering
- Designed and architected scalable and highly performant front-end applications
- Core understanding of GraphQL and React
- Strong command of web standards, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Must work well in a diverse team to collaborate on a complete, end-to-end experience.
- Support our customers and engineering teams by being on the the weekly on-call rotation
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
#LI - Remote