Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Design Team
As a member of the Product Design and Research leadership team, you will help shape our overall product design approach: promoting a human-centered design process and defining and promoting design craft. You will be an inspirational people manager and mentor, a product thinker, a collaborative cross-functional team player, creating connective tissue between your team, your partners, and leaders in the company.
What we're looking for
The Product Design Manager will lead a team responsible for the core of the Momentive business: our foundational survey experience. With deep roots in the feedback industry, Momentive is uniquely positioned to change the competitive landscape through agile solutions and a platform tailor-made for anyone who needs to gather data to make decisions. This Design Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Design for Surveys, Growth & Platform, and manages an accomplished team of designers. This role also partners with Product & Engineering peers leaders to focus on improving our experience in service to customer needs.
- Help build a culture of collaborative excellence, both within our team and across the company
- Manage and mentor product designers, with practiced ability to teach core design skills, and coach on softer skills of influence, customer centricity and personal leadership
- Support and encourage a culture of feedback – you give it, receive it and grow from it, and encourage this practice on the team
- Focus on the customer and business problems with the biggest impact while being a tireless advocate for design craft and cohesive customer experience
- 6+ years experience in similar role, at least 1 year of experience managing or mentoring other designers
- Passion for solving complex Enterprise product challenges with modern design solutions. Experience visualizing data and analytics is a plus.
- Experience managing Enterprise SaaS product design efforts, both as a lead designer, and as a manager
- Have hired, mentored, and coached individual contributor designers, and led a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Experience working across product design teams and within user-centered specializations including user research, content strategy and design systems.
- Practiced ability to create alignment on experience choices with peers and leaders
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
#LI - Remote