Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Database Engineering Team
Join our Database team to design and deploy the next generation of scalable & highly performant systems. You will help build all aspects of our database clusters including the performance, scalability, availability of the key components of the SurveyMonkey data infrastructure. This is a hands-on expert role with a lot of exploration opportunities and room to learn latest technologies. This role will report to our Director, Database Engineering.
- Configure and monitor our Microsoft SQL Server 2019 infrastructure
- Work with the product teams to implement solutions, identify and address the performance issues
- Help develop automation & tooling: provisioning, version control, build, continuous integration, deployment on the AWS
- Provide technical influence and expertise for the database and engineering teams
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Partner with engineering teams to improve data infrastructure usage and to follow best practices.
- Help plan our future data strategy by researching latest technologies and making recommendations to technologies that SurveyMonkey can leverage as we continue to evolve our platform offerings. This will likely include various NoSQL platforms, Reporting and Analytics Platforms on AWS managed services.
- 12+ years of experience managing large enterprise-scale Microsoft SQL Server database implementations (Clustering, Vertical, and Horizontal Partitioning, High Availability Groups, etc.)
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries
- 5+ years of experience running production workloads in the AWS EC2, RDS, managed cloud-native databases
- In-depth understanding of relational db and analytical db solutions, NoSQL data stores
- Solid experience writing Python, Powershell, or other scripting languages
- Familiar with configuration management systems, CI\CD pipelines, and Version Control for database objects.
- Experience with repeatable automation (both at the AWS, OS, and database level)
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.