Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Legal Team
We are a diverse legal team, dedicated to developing passionate people who share our interest in working on engaging legal issues and are creative in guiding teams through data protection challenges. As data platform business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology and the rules get fuzzy. This makes our work very interesting. So if this sounds like something you'd be passionate about and you have a burning desire to work in a hands-on environment with terrific people, we'd love to have you on board.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Privacy Counsel reporting to Global Head of Privacy who will support our engineering, sales and professional services teams in developing and shipping services while also maturing the collaborations between our privacy and product legal teams through DPIAs. You will be part of a collaborative team engaged in advising on a wide variety of policy and business issues and while guiding the business through new Privacy and e-Privacy compliance matters as they relate to those areas and providing advice to the business.
- Be a partner and champion with teams across our offices on privacy and data protection issues.
- Regularly partner with sales, marketing, professional services and engineering teams to conduct DPIAs and risk remediation on complex technical projects.
- Work with the Privacy team (composed of the Data Protection Manager, the DPO, Head of Privacy and Data Protection Governance lead) to build out and mature data protection practices.
- Work on regulatory investigations, responses and audits.
- Provide updates to other teams on changes to privacy laws and regulations in North America and provide business advice on necessary product and process changes to address those laws and regulations.
- Build relationships with and support other members of the legal team particularly for customer inquiries and sales programs.
- Respond to internal and external privacy and data protection inquiries.
- Work with our program team to provide outstanding privacy and data protection training programs across the company.
- 7+ years' relevant experience primarily advising technology companies; relevant technical background or high level of comfort with technology. In-house experience of benefit.
- In-depth experience with data privacy impact assessments, security and privacy by design strategies.
- Built strong client relationships through use of different strategies to develop trust.
- Extensive experience of simplifying data protection obligations for internal clients in a way that balances legal risks and business goals.
- Provided advice in a modular manner to meet the challenges of the changing regulatory landscape.
- A JD and qualified to practice law in the United States
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.