Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Business Data Science Team
Our Business Data Science team builds Insights and data solutions for different partners(sales/finance/marketing/customer success) to make informed business important decisions. We are looking for a Sr Data Scientist who will design data science projects including experimentation, Survival Analysis, Topic modeling, and classifications. You will report to our Sr Manager, Business Data Science team.
What we're looking for
You will apply advanced analysis techniques and statistical concepts to draw insights from massive datasets, and build scalable machine learning models. You contribute to each layers of a data solution – you partner with teams, work with business intelligence engineers and Data Engineers to obtain relevant datasets and prototype predictive analytic models.
- Work with product managers, data engineers, other data scientists, and business leadership to Identify customer and business problems.
- Translate business problems into mathematical problem statements and form hypotheses that can be answered with data using scientific methods
- Design statistics and ML models to guide business transformation and growth.
- Guide and establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Identify business opportunities and insights and provide solutions to shape important business processes based on data, industry best-practices, and collaboration with other teams.
- Work with the Data Engineering team and create production implementations for large-scale data analysis and ML models.
- Master's degree in a quantitative field: Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research,
- 7+ years of hands-on industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis, multivariate statistics, data modeling, deep learning, as an ML engineer or data scientist.
- Scope out business problems, start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform analysis and draw conclusions relevant to the business problem.
- Coding skills - with Python or R, Experience with data analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
- Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g. statistical research science, regression modeling, forecasting).
- Experience managing large, varied Data Sets
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.