Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Authoring Experience Engineering Team
The Authoring Experience Team is at the heart of survey creation and response collection across the Momentive platform. We develop the experience which helps customers design the surveys to help them answer the burning questions about the next family gathering or PTA meeting, to more complex NPS and Customer Satisfaction challenges, and everything in-between. Through our close collaboration between UX and Product Management teams we design and create high quality survey taking features for our customers; from the individual up to large Fortune 500 enterprises.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing new product features. You will work both within the Authoring experience team and cross functionally with peers across the Surveys Core organization. Your technical work, experience, product ideas, and leadership contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team. You will report to the engineering manager on the Authoring Experience team.
- Lead both team-specific and cross functional projects within your functional scope
- Be responsible for defining the technical design, function and scope of projects
- Define, measure and improve observability metrics across Authoring with the goal of addressing issues and patterns proactively
- Assess, define and help promote best practices and coding standards across the team, including improvements to process.
- Mentor engineers within the scope of your domain
- Focus on code quality and writing reliable tests that detect problems early
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, maintainability and accessibility
- Promote experimentation throughout our product and engineering organization
- Bring your own ideas to the table, working with product, design and our partners to add value for our customers
- Participate in a large-scale rewrite of our systems from jQuery, REST, and Python into React, GraphQL and Node.js
- 8+ years frontend web development experience working on high-traffic, highly-visible sites using modern frontend technologies
- Experience leading significant portions of projects requiring coordination across teams and functions
- Experience driving major technology features across multiple projects
- Experience writing functional and regression tests. WebDriver.io experience preferred
- Experience with REST APIs and coding against external services
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, and TypeScript
- Experience meeting WCAG Accessibility guidelines preferred
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.