Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Act & User Team
Our team focuses on building more actions and integrations to our enterprise CX platform. We're also bringing the different services in our platform closer together as we continue to make progress in modernising our architecture, starting with our Auth & Account Management services. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager of the team, and as a senior contributor you will also help lead the team's efforts.
What we're looking for
An experienced back-end engineer who can design and write high-quality, testable and clean code, is comfortable working within complex requirements, unclear specifications and many moving parts, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Build high-quality, tested and object-oriented code in modern PHP.
- Review PRs from your peers, participate in pair programming sessions and lead brainstorming whiteboard meetings.
- Write and contribute to design documents, architecture overviews and ADRs (architectural decision records).
- Help us build important and impactful features and changes to our platform.
- Build upon a robust distributed microservices architecture powered by Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Work with top engineers across multiple countries and timezones.
- 5+ years of development experience using a modern back-end programming language, such as PHP, Ruby, Java, or Python.
- Experience designing and architecting distributed systems, dealing with concepts such as eventual consistency, transactions and micro-services.
- Experience with modern PHP, CI/CD pipelines, Github, Kafka and PostgreSQL is ideal.
- Familiarity with domain-driven design, coding by contracts and hexagonal architectures is a big plus.
- You're an advocate for collaboration: for you, it's as important to write quality code as it is to ensure we're building the right thing in the right way.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.