Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Machine Learning Team
The Machine Learning Platform (MLP) team's charter is to build out a machine learning platform that accelerates the efficient adoption of machine learning across all Momentive portfolio products. Our goal is to build applications and tools that enable the scalability of ML along all points of the lifecycle of an AI project, from feature discovery to model training, from model deployment to post-production monitoring and evaluation.
As a Momentive ML Engineer focuses on 3 specific areas of our ML platform:
- Data. Data is the foundation of all ML projects. The MLP team builds tools to resolve all pain points that are specific to working with multi-dimensional datasets in a production environment
- Serving. The MLP team supports services that serve ML models. The team focuses on extending and maintaining architecture that supports integration with other Momentive microservices
- Automated Management. As the number of models and use cases increase, the MLP team aims to automate workflows like model retraining, model monitoring and evaluation
What we're looking for
You have application and data engineering experience. You will also have some experience with building production ML platforms in the cloud. Specifically, we need someone that is ready to get their hands dir-ty with building a flexible machine learning platform that supports scalable model training in-memory or through distributed computational processing (single vs. multi-node), model deployment, API management, and constructing elegant feedback loops for self-sustaining machine learning systems. You will need to be well-versed in large-scale data storage and processing and know when to use out-of-the-box solutions versus building custom ones.
- We need your help as we continue to evolve our next-generation machine learning platform here at Momentive. We help our customers make great decisions based on the tools we create on top of the millions of survey responses we receive daily. To do that well, we use applied machine learning techniques including natural language processing, classification, spam detection, personalization / ranking, etc. We do this at scale and generally in real-time. You will report to the ML Platform engineering manager.
- At least 7+ years professional software engineering experience using a high level language (Python preferred).
- Experience utilizing big data and machine learning technologies (e.g. H2O, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra).
- Very comfortable with Unix/Linux operating systems. We favor Ubuntu..
- Experience with operating computational clusters for training machine learning models.
- Familiarity with the ipython notebook, pandas, sklearn, numpy and nltk.
- Experience with ETL pipelines.
- Experience with workflow management platforms like Airflow.
- An interest in data science, and in general, data modeling of lots of structured and unstructured data.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.