Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Use Cases Team
Our Use Cases team builds outstanding market research expert solutions that help market researchers make data-driven decisions by combining built-in expert methodologies, an integrated panel, presentation-ready reports, and AI-Powered Insights.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing product features. We welcome your new ideas and fresh perspectives which can help grow our team, and our solutions both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be important delivering versatile functionality to support our next phase of use case inspired solutions. The Use Cases team is focused on delivering purpose-built solutions in multiple markets, using and adapting Momentive's platform, and scaling development efforts as we expand our products. You will report to the Manager of Backend Development, Use Cases.
- Contribute to our core platform writing web applications
- Develop new features, fix issues, write technical specifications, and keep tabs on post-release metrics
- Focus on code quality and write reliable tests to detect problems early
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Work with product owners and frontend team on features that impact backend services and frameworks
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies
- Have 5+ years of experience in web application development, with a focus on backend development.
- Experience working with Python (our main language)
- Experience with relational databases and ORMs such as SQLAlchemy
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience conducting code reviews
- Experience with systems and application design, including considering trade-offs of different designs
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.