Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Trust & Security Team
Does Momentive speak to you? Do you want to be part of the team responsible for securing a fast-paced, distributed environment? Do you want to have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come? Then you're probably just who we need to help us implement, operate, and improve interesting, secure, and scalable solutions. We're a friendly bunch looking for a teammate to learn and grow with. If you're looking to be an integral part of our security and brand protection, let's chat!
What we're looking for
As a Sr Security Analyst – Cyber Defense, you will research and develop cybersecurity strategies that are in line with industry best practices. You will play a crucial role in researching, assessing, and planning information security strategies with Trust & Security leadership.
You will be responsible for collecting requirements to address security challenges, surveilling the marketplace to determine strategies and tools to address the challenges, conducting proof of concept/ proof of value in pursuit of solution selection, deploying and configuring solutions, and developing long-term support models to ensure ongoing success of solution implementation.
You will work closely with other members of the Security Operations team to ensure the right level of visibility and alerting are in place. You are also expected to work closely with teams across Security Operations, IT Operations and Engineering to discuss the root causes of issues/incidents/alerts as they come up.
- Designing and implementing security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information/data
- Identifying and defining system security requirements
- Preparing and documenting standard operating procedures
- Configuring and troubleshooting security solutions
- Managing various security tools such as DLP, EDR, e-mail gateway, device trust, network devices, authentication systems, etc.
- Researching current tool configurations to determine if there are opportunities to enhance our security posture.
- Developing technical solutions and deploying new security tools to help mitigate security gaps
- Writing comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions and improved security processes
- Propose, develop and implement metrics and KPIs to measure and track effectiveness of various security tools & technologies.
- Fine tune existing tools to address gaps identified by Cyber Detect and Cyber Respond teams
- 7+ years of cyber/information security work experience
- Experience building and maintaining security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, DLP, EDR
- Experience with public cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Able to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Take a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.