Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Cloud Engineering Team
The cloud engineering team is responsible for provisioning Momentive's cloud environments in multiple AWS regions. We are responsible for deploying the AWS networks and infrastructure services, providing access for engineers and securing the environment to comply with company policies.
What we're looking for
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team at Momentive, you will help define the policies, procedures, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our AWS environments. The Cloud Engineering team has just completed our lift and shift migration to the AWS cloud and ready for our cloud transformation phase where we'll select the best tools and technologies in AWS to support our business needs. This role presents a prime opportunity for providing guidance, best practices, and mentorship to other engineers while we move further into AWS. You will report to the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments with well established best practices
- Define, document, and implement standards around the utilization of AWS services
- Use infrastructure as code (IaC) for changes
- Support and maintain AWS networking infrastructure
- Lead in the improvement of the availability and scalability of our AWS infrastructure
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Mentor other engineers
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 4+ years of experience with AWS, including but not limited to heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation
- Proficient in AWS networking - Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, VPC, Cloudfront, Route 53, Cloud Map, Shield, WAF, Firewall Manager, VPN
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of experience building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS
- Demonstrable experience leveraging Configuration Management tooling such as Terraform, and proven strategies for maintaining large infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Linux and/or Windows administration via automated scripting of operations within those OS environments
- Experience with Python in either a software engineering or DevOps environment
- Preferably an understanding of network protocols and common services
- Preferably experience and knowledge of Git and JIRA
- Preferably experience with monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic, Cloudwatch, or Splunk
- Preferably experience migrating from on-prem data centers to public clouds
- Preferably experience with web standards, REST interfaces, proxy servers, and CDNs
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.