Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about the Product Research and Methodology Team:
Product Research at Momentive aims to conduct research that helps guide strategic decision-making for the company and our products, all informed by an understanding of our current and future customers. As a company that creates a research platform for others to use, our researchers are in a unique position to be experts, providing scaled guidance and expertise on a use case in our product to millions of users worldwide.
What we're looking for
Momentive is looking for an experienced researcher to expand our research function. You'll conduct research that helps inform each stage of the product development lifecycle to guide cross-functional decision-making with mountains of evidence.
- Lead the research discipline for our Market Research product, while building relationships with Product, Design, Marketing, and Strategy
- Design and conduct research that deepens our understanding of our customers, probing for unmet needs and also identifying opportunities to improve the experience for our users
- Translate business questions to main research goals, identify the best methodology to implement research, summarize and analyze findings
- Assess the biggest opportunities for Momentive to improve and differentiate across all of our product areas
- Educate non-researchers about research best practices and helping them conduct their own research
- Report to the Senior Director of Product Research
- 6+ years of experience conducting product research, user experience (UX) research, or research in an applied setting
- Experience with multiple research methodologies, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Expert in research methods, such as surveys, experimental design, user testing, interviews, focus groups, and card sorting
- Expert storyteller with experience working with cross-functional teams in Product, Design, Marketing, and Strategy
- Experience providing strategic recommendations that influence product strategy
- Passion for helping cross-functional teams increase their understanding of research
- Advanced degree in research, psychology, social sciences, human factors, HCI, or other related field
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.