Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Product Team
We are looking for a Director of Product - Billing & Payments to join the Platform team, who will report to the VP of Products (Platform).
You will lead a team of product managers and payments operations analysts, responsible for building and running the global billing and payments platform. You'll be responsible for the product end to end starting from vision to operations.
You'll be making use of your product, technical, and finance expertise to build a scalable e-commerce platform, which will drive the future roadmap including core features, reporting, and compliance requirements. You have a deep understanding of business, accounting, taxation and compliance requirements, which helps you to prioritize the multi-sided needs.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone to own the vision, strategy, and execution of the product roadmap. You'll be working closely with the following cross-functional partners, finance, engineering, legal and other teams to ensure time-to-market alignment. Momentive is moving to a highly impactful consumption based pricing and packaging model for our entire customer base and you will have the opportunity to be hugely visible and enable this critical change in our self-serve and enterprise go-to-market motions.
- Have the opportunity to innovate, evolve, and align the business model. This is a high impact role for someone to ensure billings and payment structure are at the core of our next phase of growth
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our payments engine and operations efficient and compliant.
- Bring a prioritization rigor and mindset in balancing the transition from an in-house billing/payments infrastructure to a Stripe-enabled infrastructure, and augmenting with 3rd party integrations to grow quickly to meet business complexities
- Build, coach, and mentor a team of exceptional Product Managers and Payments Operations Analysts who will be responsible for driving product and operational initiatives from inception through launch and beyond.
- Use data regularly and systematically to uncover opportunities, define OKRs for your organization that align with the broader business's OKRs, to track KPIs and optimize key levers
- Leadership and Team-Building - You've hired and grown teams of product managers for at least 3+ years. You bring empathy as well as mentorship in leading your team and cross-functional teams
- Experience - You have around 10 or more years of product management experience, out of which you have a minimum of 5 years in the global billing, payments, fraud and compliance space delivering e-commerce experiences. Prior Stripe integration experience is a bonus.
- Attitude - Focus on prioritization, creating a vision and multi-year roadmap through customer-centricity and outcomes.
- Operational Excellence - You are passionate about execution and efficiency.
- Technical - Be effective at using your technical depth and the voice of the customer to partner with the engineering organization.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.