Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Market Research Team
Market research solutions within Momentive caters to an exciting new space, ripe for innovation and helps millions of people make a wide variety of product and marketing decisions every day. We are a small, agile and autonomous group of engineering, product, design and sales teams moving the product forward quickly and efficiently. Audience platform engineering team is a core part of Market Research. We are accountable for the backend services that power a variety of solutions from self-serve to highly specialized market research use cases.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a passion for solving new and interesting problems. We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives that you bring with yourself which can help grow our team, and our platform both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team through your technical work, experience and leadership. You will continuously build and expand your technical expertise as well as drive excellence in engineering within the team.
Our services are written in Python and run on AWS. We are a learning organization and continuously modernize our technical stack and infrastructure.
- Report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Market Research
- Architect and maintain scalable services across multiple data regions
- Domain ownership of suite of services supporting Market Research solutions.
- End-to-end ownership of new features, including creating technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and following software best practices which allow us to move quickly
- Build observable systems that track important metrics that help monitoring and make important product decisions
- Mentor engineers with empathy, on software engineering best practices and providing valuable code and design reviews
- 10+ years experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend
- The ability to work and communicate with both co-located and remote engineers and cross-functional partners
- Experience leading and shipping large-scale, complex cross functional projects
- Deep expertise in designing and building world-class services and APIs
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others
- Motivated, inspired and "data-driven"
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.