Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
What we're looking for
Momentive is looking for an engineering leader and architectural thinker to drive the next generation of our Core Experience Platforms. These platforms power the core surveymoney.com experience and drive the abilities of what we can do for our users. This is a new team as we enter the third phase of growth at Momentive and will be essential to our ability to scale and reach our future goals. We're looking for someone passionate about leadership, engineering, and performance to set the stage for the next decade of Survey Monkey growth.
- Be an architectural voice and partner with core front-end teams to ensure our customers' needs are met while protecting the integrity of the platform, with an eye towards capability expansion and performance.
- Explore and deploy new technologies to guide ease of development, scalability, and performance gains for the platform.
- Build a team of 8+ engineers and set the strategy for scaling to 15+ over the next 18-24 months.
- Ensure the team has the tools and capabilities to provide operational excellence on the platform.
- Promote excellence in execution by streamlining agile processes, clarity in project definition, and making smart trade-offs between tech debt accumulation and pay off.
- Experience with architecture and systems design thinking.
- Deep technical experience building performant, domain-driven, REST APIs and services.
- Passionate about your profession, curious, and continuing to learn to drive excellence and innovation in software engineering and architecture
- A sense of platform ownership and customer service demonstrated through uptime, responsiveness, and positive action.
- A track record for making it happen - rapid and clean execution.
- Experience creating order and stability.
- Experience shaping and leading a lean organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed.
- The ability to hire and grow a team of software engineers of all experience levels
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 6+ years of management experience
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.